Oh Balance week, you were so good to me! I have loved every minute of learning to balance in my fitness and whirlwind life. Being a mother of three (a teen, tween, and 6 yr old) while also being a caregiver for a disabled veteran, I tend to have to “fit” in my time for health and blogging. My life is definitely a juggling act. Last weeks, balance helped me take time to plan my week so that I could get a lot of things that I had been letting slack, find a space in my schedule. I thought I was going to be sad about my heavy yogi week coming to an end, but I got excited when I saw what this weeks challenge consisted of…
Week 3: My 5 fave stretches and 3 tips for toning your Oblique’s!
I can’t believe it’s already week 3 of the #BosuStrong challenge, time flies when you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone and attempting a few really hard poses on my Bosu Ball. Here is my successful Bird of Paradise. Probably, one of the most difficult standing balance poses for me. I was so shocked when I could do it! Goes to show when you never give up, you can accomplish great progress.
This week it’s all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun! Since we’re talking about stretching here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:
- I love to stretch my legs by doing wide legged forward fold, here is me doing it at the Soul Pose event in Seattle!
- My favorite total body stretch is superman, I added a great PopSugar.com reference.
- I swear when I do pigeon pose, I feel like I could lay in it forever. After a few minutes I am able to get my whole body into complete relaxation. YOGI BLISS! .
- I stretch my mind by reading an array of different blogs and going to fitness conferences (BlogFest/IDEA World)where I can enrich my knowledge. Here are a few of my favorite blogs, Hello to Fit, The World Is My Yoga Mat, and Sweet Blonde’s Fit Life
- I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by trying new classes. Programs like Class Pass and Lorna Jane Seattle, make that happen for me in my area. Where do you go to try new classes and fitness styles?
And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your obliques, here are my fave 3 tips:
Do movements with- (don’t worry I found videos so you could see the moves)
The daily prompts for the #BOSUSTRONG challenge are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 3, time to STRETCH & TONE!: (9/28-10/2):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/28: We’re starting the week with some side lunges! Show us how you work those inner and outer thighs @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 9/29: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us your fave heart pumping body toning move @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see you dip! Now drop down and give us 20 tricep dips. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 9/30: Grab a partner and show us how you tone it up together! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Thursday, 10/1: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body stretch. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really stretched outside of your comfort zone (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/2: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite stretch! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Show us a move that helps you stretch and tone #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Here is a DISCOUNT CODE for you to SHARE on social media and everywhere. This is BOSUSWEATPINK15. This will give readers / followers / fans the following offer: Purchase a BOSU Sport and get the BOSU Sport-Kids DVD for FREE
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).