Hey there everyone! I hope you had fun last week with the cardio challenge! I have to admit cardio isn’t really my fave thing unless I am in running shoes and am getting bling at the end of a race. But, I had a blast incorporating the Bosu ball and learning some really cool moves from the Bosu DVD’s I got with my balance trainer. You can check out some of the moves on my insta account @mamarazza .
If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week. You know I love me some yoga, if you are on my social media accounts! And I have got some awesome poses coming up for you this week! I hope you will join in on the fun or at least follow along and support my journey. I know if there is anything I could get a little extra of in my life, it is balance.
But balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for __________(self reflection). Or eating the __________ (ALL the chocolate) but balancing it out with _________ (healthy snacks-veggies/ grains/yogurt) . Or _________ (circuit training) and ________ (yoga) at home when you can’t make it to the gym.
Here are the 6 ways I stay balanced-
- I make time for myself by- getting a gym membership and attending a class or scheduling my mommy time in the weight room.
- My favorite me time is- taking a hot candle lit Epsom salt/lavender/baking soda bath while listening to Enya or my asana playlist.
- My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is- portion control by serving size.
- I make fitness a priority by- scheduling at least 5 days a week of physical activity. Even if it is just a walk, I make sure to get moving!
- When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is – a run. There isn’t anything quite like a run to clear your head and get some quality prayer time.
- I do encourage my kids to do yoga, athletics, and intellectual enrichment activities to help them stay balanced. We often go for runs, go to the library, make meals together, and family time at the park so they can develop healthy habits, hopefully they pass to their children some day.
Here are my fave 6 MOVES to help improve your balance: I shared my favorite Yoga Journal links so you can see the move/ Sanskrit name/basic instructions on form
Now you know mine, What are yours?
- I make time for myself by ____________________________.
- My favorite me time is _____________________________.
- My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is_______________________.
- I make fitness a priority by ______________________________.
- When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is _________________________.
- I do _______________________ to help my family stay balanced.
*Bonus* What are your 6 moves to help improve your balance:
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 2, it’s all about that BALANCE (9/21-9/25):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/21: Happy Monday sweaties, this week we’re all about that balance. Let’s see you stand on one leg – ready, set, GO! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Tuesday, 9/22: We want to see you #dropitlikeasquat…on your BOSU or perhaps one leg? #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 9/23: Let’s lunge it out sweaties! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 9/24: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body balance move! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really challenged your balance (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 9/25: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite way to get your balance on! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
I hope you will swing on over and be motivated to try some of the fun moves and even come up with your own! I have been doing some fun preparation and planning so I can step my game up this week! I even have some very adorable lil yogi’s to join in! I would love to see what you come up with and how you get your littles involved, make sure to tag me @mamarazza! xoxo,
Sweat til you Shine,
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).
ga(‘create’, ‘UA-61286124-2’, ‘auto’);