Last week, I completed the #7daystretch with prAna and Sweat Pink and couldn’t be more proud of myself! Sadly, the fun that happened all over instagram, twitter, facebook, and pinterest is over. But it sure was a treat to come together with my Sweat Pink community and showcase prAna’s new fall line of Stretch Zion pants, while we stood up to the companies very fitting motto, “Breath, life, vitality of spirit.” in daily prompted challenges. Since I was chosen to review their apparel, I got to chose an item from this line to spend 7 days adventuring in. I chose the MeMe Pants in cargo green. They are fitted, skinny cargos, and did I mention Scotch guarded too!!! These may be the coolest pants ever.
I felt like the Stretch Zion fabric opened up a whole new world of outdoor fun for me. Plus I had no clue function could be so comfy and durable, but stretchy enough to do yoga in!!! And I don’t have to be leggings! I am actually doing the splits in cargos and it didn’t even phase these pants! Mind is blown.
Over on Instagram PrAna and Fit Approach gave us daily challenges to post about and they even threw in a bonus for people to be eligible for more prizes! You can see here on my instagram that I had a blast sharing a few of the prompts backbends, zen spaces, stretches that were outside my comfort zone, and even a #forearmfriday
I really got to dive in and get bendy for this challenge, but mostly I enjoyed the many different ways it brought our community together to go further in our practices and expand our fitness reach. I was actually kinda bummed it was only 7 days! I would have loved to s t r e t c h it into a month long challenge! Don’t forget, you can get 15% off of your purchase (maybe you will try the MeMe pants!) with code “LiveInprAnaF15”. (Not valid for Influencers, not valid on gift certificates, not valid with any other offer)
So in honor of our beautiful #7daystretch, here are 7 things you might not know about me
- I am truly madly deeply obsessed with: making playlists and choreographing aerobic dance routines to them. I am not even a group fitness leader, yet! I will spend an hour in my kitchen cleaning because when my jam comes on I have to practice a routine.
- I have a collection of: children’s art. Not just any, my own kids artwork. I am saving them to be framed and line my walls, instead of art from people I do not know. I have saved every good piece they have done since pre-k. I am always so blown away by how creative they are. Someday, I will get the project done and hang them through my house.
- I am secretly (not so secretly) : into young adult fiction books/shows. I have read every book by Charlaine Harris. I am a huge twilight fan, though I also loved The Host. I watch shows like iZombie and Vampire Diaries. And I absolutely love movies like Transformers, Divergent, Hunger Games, and The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Harry and the Hendersons. I own them and rewatch them too!
- When I was 7, I wanted to be: a marine biologist, but I was terrified of ocean animals. Still kinda am, go ahead ask me how many times I have swam in the ocean in my life… I bet it is no more than 10 times, and I live in Coastal Georgia for 10 yrs and here on the Puget Sound majority of my life, and been to Florida, Jamaica, and the Bahamas. I may go a couple feet deep but never ever submerged.
- If I could do one thing today, it would be: Go hiking up to Blanca Lake with an inflatable paddle board for the day with a personal photographer. I have the wanderlust welled up in me but I cant find the time to go induldge it.
- I’ve always dreamt of…opening my own gym. not a gym with machines, but a gym where people could be their own machines, and local kids could workout for free.
- My favorite way to travel is: by plane, though I would take a LONG car ride any day over turbulents, but would take a couple minutes of turbulents over driving through the passes. And I kinda picked a horrible state to live in since Washington has passes go over, to get to everywhere!
Join in on the fun! I tag Sarah at SweetBlondesfitlife, Tiffany at Thoroughly Thriving, and Jill at Tree Fitness to tell me 7 things I may not know about you! Just fill in the blanks, tag @prana @fitapproach & use the hashtags #liveinprana #7daystretch #sweatpink and share away. Then you just tag who you want to know more about!!! Because as always #sharingiscaring.
If you want to know more about the Sweat Pink community please check out their website or if you have seen enough and would love to apply to be an ambassador for Fit Approach here is that application page.
BONUS- Since I like to share little tid bits of knowledge, here is the dictionary meaning of PrAna
Isn’t that beautiful? The company name evokes peacefully meaning, but it also describes one of the most miraculous forces, the power of breathing into life. As a believer, the breath is so precious to me because the very sound of the breath in and out says YHWH (the name of God). It is crazy to me how intricately woven we our by our creator, so much that we cant help but to call upon him with every breath. I had no clue that accepting this challenge would lead me to seek solace in stretching myself beyond my own practice into my faith.
I would love to hear how you #liveinprana in the comments! What is your favorite pose to breathe into? Do you enjoy instagram challenges? Do you practice Pranayama in your yoga or do it just for stretching? xoxo
Sweat til you Shine,
This post is sponsored by prAna, but all content and opinions are my own. I want to thank Fit Approach for the opportunity to work with outstanding brands.